1 chicken, cut up, or 6 skinless thighs
1 small onion, chopped
2 ham hocks
salt and pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cups rice (Spanish)
1/2 lb raw peeled shrimp
1/2 lb littleneck clams
1/2 lb mussels
1. Rinse chicken pieces; pat dry with paper towels.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Saute chicken and ham hocks in 1/4 cup olive oil until golden.
3. Remove chicken, leaving ham hocks in pot, saute garlic, onion and rice for a few minutes.
4. Add chicken back to pot on top of rice. Tuck in seafood and sausage.
5. Add chicken stock, wine, saffron and bell pepper. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
6. Sprinkle peas on top, cover again, and continue to cook an additional 10 minutes and serve.
What I did:
Preheated solar oven. It was hot and the oven reached 325F within 10 minutes.
Thoroughly clean clams. Do NOT use any clams that have opened prior to cooking. These are bad. Throw them out. Place in oven bag, put sealed bag in pan, cover with SolarWear(TM) and bake in solar oven for 20 minutes, or until clams have opened.